Make sure you have an account:
• You can create an account at: https://portal.domotz.com/signup. Or you can log in at: https://portal.domotz.com/login. If you don’t know your
username, check with the person that manages your company’s Domotz account. You
will need to be listed as a member of your company’s team. New team members can be
added in the portal at: https://portal.domotz.com/
Check your billing info:
Please refer to @2.1. Account billing type to understand which account billing type you have. (if you are a new user your account is a Subscription account).
• If you have a Credits account you can verify your available credits by logging in to https://portal.domotz.com/ with your Domotz account credentials. If you need more credits, check with your team leader. Send an email to email@example.com if you need any help with this. You will be
able to activate a Domotz Agent without any credits but you will need to add credits
within 24 hours in order to be able to continue monitoring the Agent.
If you have available credits, when the Domotz Agent is activated 12 credits will automatically
be allocated to the Agent giving it a 12-month expiration. This can then be changed
later should you wish (see section @4.1. The Multisite Dashboard for more details.)
• If you have a Subscription account please verify your payment information by logging in to https://portal.domotz.com/portal/account with your Domotz account credentials. The payment, which depends on the chosen Subscription plan, will be made automatically at the begining of every new month.
Make sure you have the mobile app:
1) Connect the Domotz Box to the network you want to monitor, by plugging it in to the
network (router or a network switch) using the network cable provided. Plug the box
into a power source and make sure it’s ON.
2) Wait 5 minutes while the Box is automatically provisioned with the latest software.
Please do not disconnect the Box during this phase.
3) Connect your mobile phone to the same network as the Box. Open your app and
press “Find new Agent” from the left side hamburger menu. Once the Domotz Agent is
found, you’ll be prompted to tap the “Configure” button.*
4) You’ll be prompted to Login. Insert your Domotz Pro account credentials and press
“Login” and name your Agent/Site to activate your agent.
The manual part of the configuration is done. The Domotz Agent will proceed with scanning
the network and detecting all the devices. This can take anywhere from a few up to
10 minutes, depending on how many devices there are on the network.
*Alternative Local Set-Up: If you encounter any issues with step 3 of the instructions, you can also
configure your Domotz Box by searching for the IP address of the Domotz Box on your local network.
Once you have the IP you can use any browser to go to http://<ip address>:3000 . Afterwards, continue on to step 4.
Ensure your page has the following code pasted near the bottom, before the closing 'body' tag.
Copy this code and place it where you want the help icon to appear in your page.
Your help link will appear as the icon below. Click it to verify how the help content will look.
Place a QR code on your product or machinery to let a user easily retrieve the user guide documentation for it.
Right-click and 'copy'